Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quick Spring Cleaning Projects

It's beautiful outside today. I've got a bit of spring fever.

I started by going through my "mismatched socks" bin. This is where I toss those socks that come out of the dryer without a match. When the bin gets full, I sort through it, matching up the socks.

Then I moved to the cabinet above the refrigerator. I sorted through the medicines, removing some that had expired, put the glues in a cup to contain them, and emptied the vase I put stamps in for my husband. (He collects stamps. I put the stamps in his stamp box in the office.)

I was on a roll. I headed to the dining room to empty out the hutch. I tossed several candles that were spent, put a table cloth that I don't use in my donation bin, and added a container for my kid's airsoft gun accessories. Yes, I keep airsoft guns in our hutch. This is convenient storage, close to the backyard, which is the only place they are allowed to use them.

That was all the time I had. In about an hour, I'd purged, cleaned, and organized three areas. Yippee!

No comments: