Thursday, March 24, 2011

Child’s Bedroom Transformed


We were so excited to get started on this bedroom that I forgot to take before pictures. Let me describe the before: the bed and floor were full of stuffed animals and other toys, moving around the room was difficult and trying to find a specific toy was overwhelming. Getting to items in the closet was tricky.
This young man made a list of his favorite toys, which were kept in the room. The rest of the toys were removed. His special toys were containerized by category and labeled. He loves having the floor space for playing. He can put his toys away, now that he has defined homes for them. And I witnessed his enthusiasm as he hung up his shirts and put them in his closet.
This is what I love about my work. The effect of our work in the room is much greater than the actual organizing. Imagine, now this child can put away his toys and find the clothes he wants. I believe every parent will agree with me – this is priceless!

No comments: