Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Making Space in My Closet

This morning I spent ten minutes making my closet a more pleasant place to be! I’ve had three pair of pants and two blouses in there that I haven’t been able to wear in over a year, since I've gained a few pounds. I’ve been thinking that I’ll lose that weight and be able to wear those clothes again. Quite some time ago, I moved those clothes to the back of my closet.

I’m still not ready to give up on losing the 10 pounds. Today, I stored the clothes in a basket, labeled it, and put it on the top shelf of my closet. If, in 6 months I still don’t fit into the clothes, I’ll move them to my “donation” basket and get rid of them for good.

(While I was going through my clothes, I also pulled out some that I haven’t been wearing and put them in my “donation” basket, leaving more room in my closet for the clothes I love.)

This is a great way to deal with those items that you’re having difficulty letting go of. Box the item and label the box with the contents and the date you’ll get it out of your house if you haven’t used it.

No comments: