Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to School Shopping

Yes, it’s that time again. Today I took my three boys shopping for school supplies. Here’s our routine. At the end of last school year, we received a list of required school supplies. I filed these in our “School” file.

This morning, I took out the lists along with all our school supplies left over from last year. Each of my children took his list and marked off items we already had. Of course, for younger children, parents will need to help.

Then we went to the store. Each of the boys picked out his supplies and checked them off the list as the items were put in the shopping cart. (One of my boys even took a clipboard so checking off each item was easier!)


I always buy extra of items that need to be replenished - paper, glue, folders, and pencils. Prices are great during back to school sales and having the supplies at home is so convenient during the school year.

When we got home, we spread everything out on the floor. The boys picked out their items, labeled everything, and put their supplies in their backpacks and a storage bin. I made a list of a few additional items the boys wanted. Then, we stored the bins.

We’re ready for school to start! What routines have you found that are helpful as you get ready for school days?

No comments: