Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hoarders Show

I had the incredible opportunity to help on a project for the Hoarders show on A&E. http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/video/ Doug is a single father who adopted two special needs children. He's been overwhelmed with their needs and the home has suffered. He risks losing his children.

You won't see much of me in the show. What you will see is an amazing transformation in the home. Professional organizers from NAPO-WI provided over 100 hours of service. 1800 Got Junk hauled away approximately 10,000 pounds of items removed from the home. A cleaning company made the home shine.

I worked on the little girl's room. When she came home from school after the first day of work, she immediately saw a photo of her birth mom we'd uncovered in her room. I was privileged to witness her jubilation. It was an amazing moment for everyone in the room.

Brenden McDaniel, professional organizer and owner of Action Organizing, lead this project. He continues to work with Doug. Brenden has reported that Doug has done a phenomenal job maintaining the home.

I'm grateful that I could be a part of such a life changing event. Working with the team of professionals was inspiring. I love what I do!

No comments: