Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Develop A Routine That Works - Changing the Sheets

I’ve written before about the importance of organizing based on your lifestyle and what works for you. Here is a prime example.

Last week I was talking to my neighbor about our routines for changing the bedding. On Monday, I strip two beds, launder the sheets and remake the beds with the same sheets. On Wednesday, I strip the other two beds and do the same. This method works for me because I hate to fold the sheets. The only time I fold sheets is when the season changes and I switch the type of sheets on the beds.

My neighbor prefers to change all the bedding in one day. All the beds get fresh sheets and she tosses the dirty ones in the laundry room until a few days later, when she washes, dries, folds the sheets, and puts them away until next week.

My point: a major component of keeping your home and life organized is developing a routine that fits your personality and style. Gather organizing ideas from others and use the ones that work for you. So, what is your routine for changing bedding?

No comments: